Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 – PC Patch Currently In Development
PC gamers of the currently released and highly popular ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 2’ may be in for a treat. Per reports, Treyarch has announced that the PC patch has already been confirmed by the company but is currently under testing.
“Good morning! PC patch is in the test cycle now. I will have more info on that later (if I don’t drown in cheater tears before then),” PC community manager Cesar Stastny confirmed via Twitter.
Stastny went on to explain that there is “more work required to develop and test PC patches so it takes longer.” The PC patch for the game was always incoming and this information via Twitter was new, especially after he earlier stated that he will “announce patch details as soon as they are finalized. We are still working on it. No ETA or patch notes until then.”
The PC patch has been sought after for quite some time after it was reported last month that the game was starting to crash and freeze a lot, and this led to a lot of gamers wondering as to when or if Treyarch will release the patch for this.
Treyarch, however, was aware of the problem and the company confirmed on its official community page that the team is working on releasing the patch as soon as possible, at least for the PC version.
“We have some fixes coming, but we wanted to make you aware of these issues right away in case they affect you,” the company stated on the community page.
The PC crashes included:
- A crash if no DLC is owned when joining on a player that is in the Nuketown 2025 lobby.
- Having both an on-board audio device and a PCI sound card enabled at the same resulting in a crash.
- A crash if the user tries to run the game without an audio device installed.
- Changing resolution while livestreaming resulting in a crash.
- When viewing a film as a party, the game is crashing if the party leader leaves while the film is buffering.
- Loading Movies might not play if a user unplugs a USB audio output device after the game has launched.
- Loss of functionality after users locking their PC while a loading movie is playing
- A steam error appearing after selecting update when prompted with a “Game Settings Have Changed” message. (Launching the game again will resolve this).
A release date for the patch is still unknown.