By Shailesh Shrivastava | Jun 22, 2013 12:51 PM EDT
Earlier this week, reports hit the Web that the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 handsets would land in the third quarter of this year. However, no one expected that the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update will become available for the Galaxy S3 devices so early.
Galaxy S3 owners can now run the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware, but the firmware is not an official release as it is a leaked version.
SamMobile published an exclusive report about the leaked version of the firmware and posted a video accompanying the report that shows Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean running on a Galaxy S3 handset.
The leaked version comes with many new and exciting features including those found in the Galaxy S4.
Here is the list of new features:
- Android 4.2.2 - Build ID: JDQ39
- New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface - Exactly like the S4)
- Addition of Voice controls (Let's you control various parts of the phone using voice commands - Galaxy S4 feature)
- Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from S4)
- New smart switch widget
Here are the new firmware details:
Android Version: 4.2.2 - JDQ39 (Jelly Bean)
Region: Open Europe
Build Date: 21 May 2013
Before you flash this firmware, you should remember that this is a leaked version of the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and may contain bugs. So proceed at your own risk.
You can download the firmware file from here.
© 2013 Mobile & Apps All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.