After upgrading its Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean last month, Verizon is now rolling out an update to improve data roaming and add a few goodies.
The update is rolling out over the air (OTA) and is a minor one, aiming to improve a few aspects. After this fix, Galaxy S4 owners on Verizon should be able to enjoy better data roaming, as well as a few other things.
"Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce enhancements that will improve the performance of your Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone," touted the carrier.
As previously mentioned, this update is minor so it will not bring any great changes, but here's the complete changelog as detailed in Verizon's announcement:
Samsung Optical Reader Changes
- a new feature will now allow users to find contacts, addresses and business cards with Real-Time Recognition;
- Translation now allows users to convert words and sentences into desired language, supporting 40 languages;
- Text Search allows users to quickly find a word in the preview screen
Other changes & improvements
- New 'Manage you My Verizon account' capability;
- 'Location is being shared' consent has been removed;
- App Tray screen updated when launching Setup Wizard;
- Enhanced Wi-Fi connectivity;
- Fixed issue with long video recording, which caused a forced close;
- Fixes to ensure the screen wakes up when the power or home button is pressed;
- Users can now disable 'Sync text message' as default setting for Hotmail accounts;
- 'Call Restriction' is now called 'Call Block' in the Settings menu;
- Added clarification for Factory Data Reset in Settings;
- Driving Mode on/off now appears in S-Voice settings;
- Fixed issue when saving S-Memos;
- Password field in Wi-Fi Access Point (AP) settings will now remain "" when editing other Wi-Fi parameters;
- Resolved error causing voicemail callback text messages to not be received;
- 3-way calling now available in (roaming) Bluegrass Cellular network;
- Added ability to roam on Telus Canada network;
This update is rolling out OTA, which means it may take some time to reach all devices. If you've already received the update on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4, let us know how it fares in the comment section below.
Featured Video : Ericsson Announces World-Leading Launches Ahead of Mobile World Congress 2014