We (Mobile & Apps) are looking for reporters (1-3 years experience) who love writing about smartphones, apps, tablets, software, gadgets, game, etc. Prior experience in online reporting is a MUST. Technology bloggers welcome to apply.
The applicant must be excellent in English and also hold a current, if not ahead-of-the-curve, understanding of smartphones, tablets, laptops, PC, gadgets, software, Internet, social media, apps, mobile accessories, game and science. This job offer is for the company's newsroom in New York City. Right candidates will be hired immediately.
1. Graduate/Diploma/Certificate in Journalism. Reporting experience: 1-3 years.
2. Prolific writer with passion in smartphones, apps, tablets, software/OS, gadgets, mobile accessories, game and science.
3. Prior experience in online reporting is a must. Applicants with experience in reporting on smartphones, apps, tablets, etc. will be preferred.
4. Excellent research skills.
5. Sound knowledge of technology and the latest developments in technology industry.
6. Accustomed to handling strict deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
7. Excellent in English and talent in using images, headlines and other publishing elements to form compelling and unique/original stories.
8. Talent in finding trending/popular/viral topics with "a finger on the pulse of the Internet."
9. Sound knowledge of SEO and use of social media/forums for purpose of online traffic generation.
10. Knowledge of AP Style
Salary/Base Compensation: Per industry standard. Excellent bonus scheme.
Submit your application with  resume and  past writing sample(s) of technology stories (provide link of your story if it has been published on the Web) to firstname.lastname@example.org. State in Subject field '(Your Name) - REP'.