By Vamien McKalin email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Jan 13, 2013 12:39 PM EST
Despite the availability of the Nintendo Wii U on the market, the Xbox 360 still managed to grab the top spot in the sales department within the U.S. for the 23rd consecutive month.
The Xbox 360 has been holding on to the top spot in the U.S. for nearly two years, and as it stands, this run does not appear to be ending until the Xbox 720 comes around. As to how the Xbox 360 is performing, a person who does not know much about the gaming industry might think Microsoft has been in the business of creating games consoles for the last 3-4 decades, but that isn't the case.
Microsoft is actually the least experienced when compared to the likes of Sony and Nintendo. So for the Xbox 360 to be doing so well, Microsoft is definitely doing something spectacular.
With the Nintendo kicking off the next generation game console wars with the Wii U, one would have expected the console to be flying off retail shelves as fast a they got there. Sony did not release any figures, but we can be quite certain the PS3 hasn't topped the Xbox 360 in the U.S. so whatever numbers Sony is holding back, it doesn't matter much unless PS3 sales are ahead of the Wii U.
Here is the list of top hardware sold in December 2012:
1. Xbox 360: 1.4 million
2. Nintendo 3DS: 1.25 million
3. Wii: 475,000
4. Nintendo DS: 470,000
5. Wii U: 460,000
List of top video games:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, Wii U, PC)
2. Just Dance 4 (360, PS3, Wii U, Wii)
3. Halo 4 (360)
4. Assassin's Creed III (360, PS3, Wii U, PC)
5. Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii U, Wii, Vita)
6. Far Cry 3 (360, PS3, PC)
7. NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii U, Wii, PSP, PC)
8. Skylanders Giants (360, PS3, Wii U, Wii, 3DS)
9. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
10. Fifa Soccer 13 (360, PS3, Wii U, Wii, 3DS, Vita, PSP)
© 2014 Mobile & Apps All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.