By Binu Paul email: email@example.com | Feb 27, 2013 06:38 AM EST
Adobe has released its Photoshop Touch application for iPhone and Android smartphones, bringing the core Photoshop functionalities on to iOS- and Android-powered mobile devices.
The Photoshop Touch release will mark a major relief for iPhone users as they had to be content with Photoshop Express so far because Adobe Touch was available only to tablets. With this release, Photoshop Touch will be available for devices running iOS 6.0 and up, or Android 4.0 and up right away.
The mobile version of Adobe's well-known Photoshop software, Photoshop Touch is priced at $4.99 and carries a whole lot of features including the ability to enhance images using layers, filters, selection tools, tonal and color adjustments etc. It also powers the mobile users to apply other effects and add graphical text on images. Images up to 12 megapixels can be edited using layers with the application.
You can download Photoshop Touch for both the operating systems from the following links:
Photoshop Touch was initially launched on Android in Oct. 2011, but was limited to just tablets running the OS. It later made its way into the iOS platform by landing on the iPad in Feb. 2012 and later reached the Kindle devices in Nov. 2013.
Here are the best features of Photoshop Touch as outlined in iTunes:
- Use popular Photoshop features, such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters, to create mind-blowing images.
- Improve your photos using classic Photoshop features to bring out the best in your photography. Apply precise tone and color adjustments to your entire composition, a particular layer, or a select area.
- Create something other-worldly using painting effects, filter brushes, and so much more. With Photoshop Touch, the creative possibilities are endless.
- Make your images pop with graphical text. Apply strokes, add drop shadows and fades, and more.
- Take advantage of your device's camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique Camera Fill feature.
- Quickly combine images together. Select part of an image to extract just by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With the Refine Edge feature, use your fingertip to easily capture hard-to-select image elements, like hair.
- Start a project on your iPhone or iPod Touch and finish it on your iPad or back in Photoshop at your desk using a free membership to Adobe Creative Cloud. Your projects are automatically synced between your devices.
- Free membership to Creative Cloud provides 2GB of cloud storage.
- Work on high-resolution images while maintaining the highest image quality. Images up to 12 megapixels are supported.
© 2013 Mobile & Apps All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.