According to Samsung's mobile chief JK Shin, the Galaxy S4 will be available in 155 countries, on 327 network carriers, and here's where to get it.
During the official announcement of the new Samsung Galaxy S4 flagship smartphone, Shin offered a rather vague "late April" release date, but the past few weeks painted a clearer picture of the availability and pricing information of the highly-anticipated Samsung Galaxy S4 powerhouse.
As far as the Samsung Galaxy S4 U.S. availability is concerned, things are not very clear yet. For now, only AT&T and T-Mobile confirmed their pricing scheme for the handset, but other carriers such as Verizon and Sprint should maintain a similar price point. The U.S. version will pack a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor under the hood. Here's what we know so far about the smartphone's availability in the U.S.
- AT&T will have the Samsung Galaxy S4 up for pre-order starting on April 16. The 16GB version of the handset starts at $199.99 on a two-year contract, contrary to the $249.99 price tag announced earlier. The 32GB version, meanwhile, will cost $249.99, but it remains unclear at this point whether it will be available for pre-order or not.
- T-Mobile will have the Samsung Galaxy S4 available under its newly-unveiled "Simple Choice" plans. Potential customers can get the handset from T-Mobile with a $99 down payment, followed by $20 per month for two years. The device should become available "around" May 1, but it remains unclear whether it will be up for pre-order ahead of the actual launch. The carrier currently allows consumers to fill out a form to receive updates about the Samsung Galaxy S4.
- U.S. Cellular mentions on its website that it will have the Samsung Galaxy S4 available for pre-order on April 16, but lists no information on pricing or release date. Customers can also register on the page to receive updates.
- As previously mentioned, no information on the Samsung Galaxy S4 being carried by Verizon or Sprint is available yet, although both variants were recently spotted at the FCC. An official announcement will likely surface in a few days. Meanwhile, AT&T's and T-Mobile's plans offer a good landmark.
While in the U.S. it's still a bit hazy, things seem to be much clearer across the pond. The Samsung Galaxy S4 will be available in the UK on or around April 26 from major network carriers. The handset will be on offer with one- or two-year contracts, as well as off-contract from various retail stores. In terms of pre-orders, only the 16GB version in black or white color options is currently listed. The UK version of the Galaxy S4 will likely feature the Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chip with 4G LTE integration, although not all UK networks offer 4G LTE yet. Here's where to find the Samsung Galaxy S4 in the UK:
- Everything Everywhere (EE) offers unlimited calls and texts with all its plans, but the data availability differs. For two-year 4G LTE contracts, the price goes from £19.19 with a monthly contract of £76 (20GB) to £269.99 with a contract of £31 per month (500MB). The company lists the full range of options, including one-year and two-year contracts with roaming, on its website. The Samsung Galaxy S4 is available for pre-order now from EE, with a delivery date of up to 28 days. Those who pre-order the handset now will also get an accessory pack worth £54.99 from EE.
- Vodafone offers the Samsung Galaxy S4 for free with most of its two-year contracts, except for the £37 per month plan which requires a £69 one-time payment. With Vodafone's trade-in program, meanwhile, customers can get the Galaxy S4 for free with the £37 plan as well. Vodafone will start taking pre-orders for the Galaxy S4 on April 26. For more details about Vodafone's plans and other options visit the company's website.
- Three will have the Samsung Galaxy S4 available for free with two plans: the £35 Ultimate Internet 500 Plan, which offers unlimited data, 500 minutes and 5,000 texts, and the £37 One Plan, which offers unlimited data, 2,000 minutes, 5,000 Three-to-Three minutes and 5,000 texts. Three's website also mentions an April 26 delivery date.
- O2 will have the handset available from £0 to £399.99 with new two-year contracts, depending on plan. The cheapest contract costs £22 per month, while the most expensive goes up to £52. All contracts come with unlimited talk and text, while data allowance varies from 750MB to 4GB. The Samsung Galaxy S4 is available for pre-order from O2 at this link, and customers who pre-order the smartphone before 4 p.m. local time on April 25 will get it on April 26.
- When it comes to off-contract availability, the Samsung Galaxy S4 is available for £589.95 from the Carphone Warehouse, for £579.99 from Clove UK, and for just £529.98 from Unlockedmobiles.com. The handset should ship starting on April 26.
When it comes to Canada, not much is certain in terms of the Samsung Galaxy S4 launch. The handset will be available from nearly all network carriers in the country, including Rogers, Bell, EastLink, Telus, Fido, Virgin Mobile, Mobilicity, Koodoo, Wind Mobile, Videotron and SaskTel.
The "Samsung Galaxy S4 Road Show" will kick off on April 8 and will end on April 26, showcasing the new device to employees. The launch is expected somewhere around the April 26 date. Various reports suggested different release dates, some pegging the handset for an April 19 launch, but most reports agree on a mid-May availability. In terms of pricing, the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be available in Canada from $199 to $299, with a two-or three-year contract.