Nokia Lumia 620 Announced As Cheapest Windows Phone 8 Handset
Nokia has taken a step towards making the Windows Phone 8 devices accessible to many consumers who were unable to afford the first set of WP8 handsets that were released. The company recently announced the cheapest Windows Phone 8 device, the Nokia Lumia 620.
Like the Lumia 920 and Lumia 820, the Lumia 620 device will come in a variety of interesting new colors and users will even have the option to change the back of the device with exchangeable shells. Despite it's small 3.8-inch display with 800 x 480 screen resolution, the device has the same sunlight readability enhancements as the Lumia 920, which is a great addition to a low-end Windows Phone 8 handset.
In addition to the 3.8-ich display, the Nokia Lumia 620 packs a 5-megapixel camera, front-facing VGA camera and NFC support. The device comes with all those cool Nokia exclusive Windows Phone 8 applications, which makes Lumia devices the premiere Windows Phone 8 handsets.
List of complete specs for the Lumia 620 is as follows:
- Networks: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100
- Display: 3.8" TFT WVGA 800×480, ClearBlack
- Memory: 512MB RAM (8GB internal memory, Micro SD support up to 64GB)
- Camera: 5Mpix autofocus, LED flash; Video capture: HD 720p@30fps; VGA front camera
- Size & weight: 115.4 x 61.1 x 11.02 mm; 127g (including battery)
- Connectivity: NFC, WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4Ghz + 5Ghz, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS/A-GPS, Glonass, micro-USB, 3.5mm audio connector (AHJ + WP Controls)
- Processor: 1 GHz Dual Core Snapdragon (TM) S4
- BatteryTalk time: (GSM/WCDMA) Up to 14.6 h/ up to 9.9 h; Standby time: Up to 330 h
Price wise, the Nokia Lumia 620 should cost $249 unlocked before local taxes and carrier subsidies, however, it is not certain if this price for the carrier unlocked version.
The Lumia 620 will be available in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East come Q1 2013; launch in other markets will follow soon after.