By Anu Passary email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Jan 27, 2013 09:01 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 owners who are still waiting for the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean software upgrade to hit their devices are in for some good news. If you're tired of waiting for the OTA upgrade, you can get Android 4.1.2 on your Galaxy S3 by flashing the latest firmware on your device.
This official Android 4.1.2 XXELCC release reportedly packs in much-awaited features like Multi-View, Page Buddy, Smart Rotation, Paper Artist etc.
This step-by-step tutorial will show you how to flash Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXELLC for the Galaxy S3 I9300. Mobile & Apps takes no responsibility for any damage or issues you may encounter with your smartphone, including bricking your device.
- Remember that the instructions are applicable only for use with the Galaxy S3 that has the model number GT-I9300. Flashing the firmware on any other device may damage your smartphone.
- Remember to read through the instructions before beginning.
- Remember to back up all your data.
- Ensure your phone's battery power is atleast 50 percent, if not fully charged, to avoid disruption due to power loss.
- Handset USB drivers are installed on the PC (you can install the drivers by installing Samsung Kies).
- USB debugging enabled on the handset.
- Antivirus, firewall, and other security software are disabled.
- Disable Samsung Kies and other software that accesses your phone as they can interfere with the procedure.
- Download the I9300XXELLC firmware(I9300XXELLC_I9300PHEELL3_I9300XXELLA_PHE.zip, 805.8 MB) to your PC.
How to Install
Step 1: Extract the I9300XXELLC_I9300PHEELL3_I9300XXELLA_PHE.zip to your PC.
Step 2: Next, run the Odin executable file from the extracted file.
Step 3: Switch off your phone. Next, boot your phone into the Download Mode by holding the Home, Power, and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Press the Volume key to continue into Download Mode.
Step 4: Next, connect your smartphone to the PC via the USB cable. Once Odin recognizes your phone, click on PDA and locate and select the.tar.md5file you extracted from the ZIP. Ensure that the repartition option is unchecked.
Step 5: Click Start in Odin to begin flashing. Once the "PASSED" message appears in Odin, wait for the Samsung logo to show on the phone's screen. Once the logo appears you can unplug the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 from the PC.
The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXELLC software is now installed on the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.