HTC Droid DNA Set To Receive Software Update To Version 2.04.605.2 710RD: Improvements Expected
Owners of HTC Droid DNA based on Verizon are up for some good news directly from the company.
Per reports, Verizon's newest Droid in the block – HTC Droid DNA – is set to receive an important software update over the air, and the update will actually be arriving with a number of important fixes and improvements for the device.
However, users who are looking for a software upgrade can be headed towards bad news as that’s not happening. If anybody is looking for a jump from the existing Android refresh to Android 4.2.1 or even Android 4.1.2, that’s currently out of question.
However, the refresh is, in fact, bringing over some much needed improvements, with the update, version 2.04.605.2 710RD, weighing in at a massive 103.5MB, and a baseband version 1.01.01.0110.
The official report states that the update process will take approximately 8-10 minutes for the user to download the software, depending on network conditions. Once the user downloads the software, the next step will be to install it onto the device.
Installation should also take up to 8-10 additional minutes. However, users will need to keep in mind that during the installation they will be unable to make or receive calls, including emergency calls. In an unfortunate turn of events, it may so happen that the update may fail to install and the user gets an error screen.
However, this only means the software did not install properly, and the problem can be mended by removing and re-insert the battery and powering the device back on. The device will power back on with original software and will prompt the user once again to install the system update.
Below is the list of all the improvements that will arrive with the update.
- User can load videos on HuluPlus
- Improvements to Hotspot connectivity have been made
- Improvements to Audio Quality for wired headsets and earpieces have been made
- Bluetooth connectivity and volume level for specific models have been improved
- Enhanced reliability and stability of the Contacts List have been made
- Wi-Fi Connectivity has been improved
- Improvements to default browser for zooming capability have been made
- Incoming messages display with the correct timestamp
- Enhanced Recent Apps functionality has been improved
Although the roll out is expected to commence soon, there’s no exact date as of now.