Root Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (ZSLM5) Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 [Tutorial]
The long-awaited Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update has reached Samsung Galaxy Note and so, users can now root the firmware update (ZSLM5) for the device. Rooting your Galaxy Note GT-N7000 will enable you to install any custom recover or ROM of your choice on your device.
Before you dive in to the rooting procedure, it should be noted that the update has been officially released by Samsung in Greece which is also available in a number of other regions now. However, it's mostly compatible for almost all countries on manual rooting.
- Verify the Android build of your device. It should be ZSLM5 Android 4.1.2 software version and you can confirm it by going to Settings > About phone.
- Make sure you have a proper backup of all your data before proceeding.
- You should make sure that your USB drivers for Samsung Note are installed properly as you will need to connect your smartphone with the computer.
- Make sure USB debugging mode is enabled on your device. See here to How to Enable USB Debugging
- Make sure your smartphone is charged up to 80-85 percent battery level.
- This tutorial is meant for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 only. Please don't try this on any other variants of the phone.
- Users must note that the instructions given in this tutorial are applicable for reference purpose only and that MobilenApps cannot be held responsible if anything goes wrong. Proceed at your own risk.
Step 1: Download Root Kernel N7000ZSLM5 for Galaxy Note to your computer. (It's not available currently)
Step 2: Download ODIN v1.85.
Step 3: Now power off your device and head to the Download mode. You can go to the download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle on the screen. To confirm your entry into Download mode, press the Power button once again.
Step 4: At this point in the procedure, you should make sure your Galaxy Note USB drivers are properly installed on your computer.
Step 5: Here, launch ODIN on your computer and connect your phone to your computer while your phone is still in the Download mode.
Step 6: Upon successfully connecting your device, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. It might take a while.
Step 7: Choose the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files can be found from the downloaded file in Step 1. Click on 'PDA' and select the file.
Step 8: Select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in ODIN.
Step 9: Tap the start button in ODIN. The Installation process will start at this point and this would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10: Your Galaxy Note will restart once the installation is completed. Unplug your phone from the computer when you see the home screen.
Your Galaxy Note GT-N7000 is now rooted on Android 4.1.2 build ZSLM5 software update. You can verify it by checking for the Superuser app in your apps list.
[Source: Team Android]