Jelly Bean Kernel Source Code For Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Released [Download Link]
As the Jelly Bean kernel source code for the international variant of the original Galaxy Note arrives, ROM developers will be able to improve their custom ROMs for the device and make more Android 4.1 custom kernels for TouchWiz-based ROMs. Head over to opensource.samsung.com GT-N7000 (Galaxy Note) to download the source codes.
The long-awaited Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update reached the Samsung smartphone in mid-February enabling its users to root the firmware update (ZSLM5). Check out the tutorial if you are yet to root your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000.
Some of the key enhancements brought on to Galaxy Note with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update are:
- Android 4.1.2 - Build JZO54K
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Multi-View (Multi Windows Multitasking, same as in Note 2)
- Multi-View can also be disabled
- Page Buddy
- Notification Panel can now be customized
- New Additions in Notification Panel
- Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- Samsung's Cloud services
- Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets from the Galaxy S3
- Two Home screen modes
- New Notifications bar
- Google Now
With the software update, Samsung Galaxy Note users were lifted to the standards of Galaxy S3 Mini and the Galaxy S3 owners as the new Nature UX Interface was brought on to the device.
The latest in the Note series and one of the most-awaited Samsung devices today, Galaxy Note 3 has been making rounds on the Web for a number of unconfirmed features and leaks. The device is speculated to be the world's biggest smartphone ever at 6.3-inches and it wouldn't be surprising to confuse the cellular device for a tablet, or a phablet, to be more precise. According to a Concept Phones reports, the device will be 9 mm in thickness and will come with a 4500 mAh battery. The design would be pretty simple and basic, a rectangular shape.
"Samsung Nexus 6 uses a 6.3 inch Super AMOLED Plus Full HD screen, the likes of which is rumored to be used on the future Note. There's also an Exynos 5 Octa CPU, probably with big.LITTLE technology, 3 GB of RAM, also a likely feature of the Note III and 128 GB of storage, plus microSDXC. At the back we've got a 13 megapixel camera and upfront a 2 megapixel one, both with Full HD capture," the report adds.