By Vamien McKalin | May 14, 2013 11:32 AM EDT
Skype for Windows Phone 8 devices got updated today. Nothing special, but it is still an update you might want to grab, regardless. The new update brings to the table mainly stability improvements and fixes for the message preview feature.
After the update, users should experience increased chat reliability, increased call notification reliability, and increased call reliability to phone numbers. Furthermore, the Skype team says it is working on a fix that resolves an issue where calls keep ringing after the call has been answered on some devices. Sometimes the call continues to ring even after the call has ended, and when reading a message. It is not certain which Windows Phone device is experiencing this problem. Hopefully Skype and Microsoft can come up with a new update in a timely manner to rectify this problem.
Skype for Windows Phone 8 description.
Make free Skype to Skype video and voice calls as well as send instant messages to friends and family around the world.
- General fixes and stability improvements.
- Call friends and family with free Skype to Skype voice calls over 3G* or WiFi and enjoy low cost calls to mobiles and landlines around the world.
- Make free video calls to anyone else on Skype with high definition video on supported devices.
- Send instant messages to friends on Skype, as well as friends on Messenger if you sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Stay in touch even when the app is closed, with call and message notifications.
- See all your Skype contacts in the People Hub**.
- Use more than one Skype account? Switch accounts when you're out and on the go.
- Skype for Windows Phone 8 requires a Windows Phone 8 device.
- To ensure the best quality experience, Skype for Windows Phone requires a minimum of 512MB of memory.
Download Skype for Windows Phone 8 here.
© 2013 Mobile & Apps All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.