By Shailesh Shrivastava | May 19, 2013 11:54 AM EDT
Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300) owners can now enjoy some new and amazing features of Android firmware as they can now update their smartphones to XXEMD2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware.
The update comes with some features like Group CastApp and Page Buddy.
Here are the details of the firmware:
According to Team Android, these are the features of the firmware:
* Android 4.1.2 - JZO54K
* Multi-View (Multi-Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)
* Page Buddy
* New Gallery App (Same as in Note II)
* Notification Panel (Notification Panel can now be customized)
* Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
* Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
* Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
* Paper Artist App
* Group Cast App
As this is an official Jelly Bean update, you will lose the root if you have already rooted your phone. To gain accesses to the full system and install the root applications, you will have to root your Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300) device once again.
Before you go ahead with the installation process, keep one thing in mind: there are always chances of the device experiencing bricking issues. That only happens if the rooting is not done properly and the instructions are not followed step-by-step.
Follow these steps to prepare your device for the big task:
1: The process is meant only for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. Therefore, users are advised to check their devices' model number in: Settings > About phone.
2: Make sure the device has at least 80 percent of battery backup.
4: Back-up all your important data.
5: Download and install ODIN v3.07.
6: Download ODIN v3.07.
7: All the custom ROMs, firmware, official firmware updates, tools and anything mentioned in this tutorial belong to their respective developers. Mobile&Apps will not be held responsible for anything that goes wrong.
Now you are all set to start the smooth task; just follow the instructions given below step-by-step:
1: Switch OFF your phone. Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
2: Connect your Galaxy S3 to your computer via micro USB cable while it is in Download Mode.
3: Once your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number.
4: Extract the downloaded firmware file in your computer.
5: Select the extracted files.
* Click on 'PDA' and select file with 'CODE' in its name.
* Click on 'Phone' and select file with 'MODEM' in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
* Click on 'CSC' and select file with CSC' in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
* Click on 'PIT' and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
6: In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partitionoption, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
7: Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
8: After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
[Source: Team Android]
© 2013 Mobile & Apps All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.