By Vamien McKalin | Jun 03, 2013 12:41 PM EDT
The year 2013 has seen many Android smartphones hit the market, however, only a few of these get any real recognition among critics, bloggers, and users. And of these few recognized Android based smartphones, only a small fraction will go on to achieve staggering sales across the world. Today, we are going to take a look at these few Android smartphones, so welcome to our top 10 Android smartphones of 2013 list.
10. LG Optimus G Pro - Not the best name in the world for a smartphone, but not many consumers will care much about that so long the device performs. The LG Optimus G Pro rocks a solid 5.5-inch display with a quad core processor on the inside. It also comes equipped with 2GB of RAM and a 13-megapixel camera for taking crystal clear photos during the day, but it won't do justice in the dark.
9. Sony Xperia Z - Great looking smartphone with a rugged design and a huge 5-inch display. It is one of the most powerful and well designed Android smartphones. Unfortunately, it is underrated. The device also comes with a fast quad core processor and a 13-megapixel camera, making for a solid Android device.
8. LG Nexus 4 - Want to experience pure vanilla Android on a smartphone with the Google logo on the back? The LG Nexus 4 is probably the device you are looking for. This device comes equipped with a quad core processor, 2GB of RAM, 8-megapixel camera and a 4.7-inch display. It's a beautiful handset, however, the backside is all glass so be very careful not to let it fall.
7. Samsung Galaxy S3 - Old phone since the Galaxy S4 is out and making a mess of things for other Android OEMs. However, it is still a capable device, and one that is quite popular in the secondhand market for smartphones. The phone is packed with a 4.8-inch display, quad core processor, 2GB of RAM, and an 8-megapixel camera that for a time was one of the best smartphone cameras, not anymore.
6. Motorola DROID Razr Maxx HD - When it comes to battery life, no other Android smartphone comes close to Motorola's latest device. This device features a 4.7-inch display, 1GB of RAM, dual core processor, and an 8-megapixel camera along with a non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery.
5. HTC Droid DNA - The HTC Droid DNA is one of those phones worth owning, but instead, many opted for a Galaxy. This device comes with a powerful quad core processor, a huge 5-inch display, 8-megapixel camera, and a neat design that makes for a great feel in the hand.
4. HTC One X+ - The HTC One X was a great device when it was released, but whatever it was lacking, HTC improved on that with the HTC One X+. It comes with a larger battery, faster quad core processor, support for GLONASS, new version of HTC Sense, and an 8-megapixel camera.
3. Samsung Galaxy S4 - Sorry, but the Samsung Galaxy S4 will not be sitting at the number one spot today, however, the third position isn't all that bad. The new Samsung device rocks a solid 5-inch display with Gorilla Glass 3, quad core processor, 2GB of RAM, 3-megapixel camera, and a few gimmicky features that may or may not provide to be useful to consumers.
2. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - In this day and age of smartphone devices, the motto is go big or go home. The Galaxy Note 2 is surely not going home with its 5.5-inch display (no 1080p HD, however), quad core processor, 2GB of RAM, 8-megapixel camera, and the S Pen.
1. HTC One - Yes, the HTC One is the best Android smartphone of 2013, and it is well deserved. The device might not be experiencing high demands when compared to the Galaxy S4, but that does not mean it is inferior. The device is rocking one of the best designs ever seen on a smartphone, a 4.7-inch display, quad core processor, 2GB of RAM, and a 4-megapixel/Ultrapixel camera that takes great low-light images.
© 2013 Mobile & Apps All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.