AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 gets GDR3 and Lumia Black update, Lumia 1520 gets new firmware package
The AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 is getting the Lumia Black update and the Windows Phone Update 3 (GDR3) OS patch. The Lumia 1520 is also getting a new firmware build.
The camera-centric Lumia 1020 has received high praise for its whopping 41-megapixel sensor and the new updates will likely make the smartphone even more appealing. Microsoft's GDR3 will bring a number of neat features to the handset, while Nokia's Lumia Black update will bring RAW support through the updated Nokia Camera app.
Both the Nokia Lumia 1020 and the Lumia 1520 are getting new treats, so here's what's in store for each device.
Nokia Lumia 1020 Lumia Black Changelog
According to Nokia's Lumia 1020 support page, the update will bring:
- Daily delighters: lock the screen rotation, close apps easily in the app switcher, use custom ringtones for messaging and mail, among other things
- Update to Nokia Camera that combines Nokia Smart Camera and Nokia Pro Camera. Available from the Store app.
- Get the latest version of Nokia Glance Screen - see quick status notifications, for example, about calendar and messaging events on the lock screen.
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE - preserve energy while staying connected via Bluetooth
- Get enriched camera performance, enhanced battery monitoring, and other stability and usability improvements
- NEW: OS build 10517
Nokia Lumia 1520 Firmware Package
The company's support page for the Nokia Lumia 1520, meanwhile, mentions a new firmware package that aims to bring general improvements in terms of performance and usability. The post doesn't detail what exactly has been changed or improved, but it is likely a stability update designed to enhance the user experience.
Both devices are currently getting their respective updates. As Nokia itself notes, however, the availability of these packages may depend on your network service provider. If you haven't received a notification yet, you can manually check for the update from the smartphone's Settings menu.