Samsung Rolls Out Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update For Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G
In its constant drive to provide the best android experience to its users, Samsung keeps updating the Galaxy S2 with all the new Android versions. According to Sam Mobile, the update is being rolled out in phases. As a result, you may not be able to upgrade your Samsung device to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean right away. It's advised you wait as the update will soon arrive your country or network provider.
"In the history of software updates, the new Jelly Bean update by Samsung to the Galaxy S2 is by far the most major update given to a smartphone yet," the report said. Samsung's Ice Cream Sandwich update came with no UI changes from its Gingerbread update. However, with Samsung's Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update, Galaxy S2 will get a new life as it gets the new Nature UX Interface. The new Nature UX Interface is the same one that reached the Galaxy S3 Mini and the Galaxy S 3 with their latest Jelly Bean update.
Make sure your device is fully charged before going ahead with the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. You can update your Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100G) through Samsung KIES or via OTA.
Official Firmware Details:
Android Version: 4.1.2 - Build JZO54K
Some of the Enhancements in the new Jelly Bean Update (as outline by Sam Mobile):
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2)
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Samsung's S Cloud services
- Improved Camera features
- New Lock screen With Many Customization Options
- New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets (From Galaxy S3)
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
- Google Now