By Shailesh Shrivastava | Apr 12, 2013 09:27 AM EDT
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini owners have the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for their devices, but there is something more these devices can get via rooting.
Galaxy S3 Mini can now be updated to DMod Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware and many features of Galaxy S4 can be enjoyed on the Galaxy S3 Mini smartphones.
The firmware has a long list of features, such as:
* v3N bulit up from scratch, over I8190NDXAMB3 official ROM, w/ stock kernel
* Partially Galaxy S4 themed
* Galaxy S4 Icons,Fonts, Sounds, Wallpapers and some Apps! More details below
* ODEXed rom. It will give you a bit more speed in some operations such as boot.
* Ported apps:
- Galaxy S3 Gallery
- Galaxy Note 2 Paper Artist
- Galaxy Note 2 Popup Browser
- Galaxy S4 Cento Apps
- Galaxy S4 Samsung Link
- Galaxy S4 S-Voice
* Inverted YouTube with screen off playback!!
* Enahnced gps.conf
* Enabled 360° rotation also in lockscreen
* DMod tweaks in build.prop + init.d scripts
* DEFINITELY disabled OTA service and removed "Updates" from settings
* Added a statusbar icon when NFC is on
* Enabled sub-symbols on stock keyboard - Long press to insert symbol
* Colorized days in S-Planner
* Phone and Contacts MODs:
- In-call vibration for notifications enabled
- Disabled phone number auto-formatting
- Removed contacts joining limit
* Email MODs:
- Inverted email app from black to white - much more readable
* Messages MODs
- No MMS conversion,no contact limit, real timestamps with sent time instead of received
- Enabled Scheduled messages in stock SMS app
- Enabled MMS download even with data off
- Enabled folders for messages
* Camera MODs:
- Added shutter sound toggle in settings
- Camera is now available during a call
* Browser MODs:
- Enabled emojis in stock browser
- Added confirmation prompt when exiting from browser
- Home page instead of about:blank when opening a new tab
-Added "Exit" button to browser in menu
As this is not an official Jelly Bean update, you will require custom recovery like ClockworkMod to flash the ROM zip on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 smartphone.
Before you go ahead with the installation process, keep one thing in mind: there are always chances of the device experiencing bricking issues. That only happens if the rooting is not done properly and the instructions are not followed step-by-step.
Follow these steps to prepare your device for the big task:
1: The process is meant only for Samsung Galaxy S3 I8190. Therefore, users are advised to check their devices' model number in: Settings > About phone.
2: Make sure the device has at least 80 percent of battery backup.
4: Back-up all your important data.
5: Download and install ClockworkMod recovery.
6: Download Download DMod Android 4.1.2 ROM
7: All the custom ROMs, firmware, official firmware updates, tools and anything mentioned in this tutorial belong to their respective developers. Mobile&Apps will not be held responsible for anything that goes wrong.
Now you are all set to start the smooth task; just follow the instructions given below step-by-step:
1: Connect your Galaxy S3 to your computer via micro USB cable.
2: Copy and paste the downloaded DMod Android 4.1.2 ROM to your phone.
3: Switch the device off and detach the USB cable.
4: Press and hold the Power + Volume Up + Home Button to enter ClockWorkMode Recovery.
5: In Recovery menu, you are always recommended to perform a full Wipe Data/Factory Reset to avoid crashing and ROM compatibility issues. It is an optional step if you upgrade from your previous ROM version. For CWM recovery, use Volume key to navigate in Recovery Mode. For TWRP, use touchscreen to navigate in Recovery Mode.
6: Do Wipe Cache Partition - Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
7: Go to advanced and do Wipe Dalvik Cache - Select from the menu and select Yes to confirm.
8: From the main menu in Recovery, select the install zip from SDcard, then select choose zip from internal SDcard, browse to folder location and select the DMod Android 4.1.2 ROM file and click Yes to install.
9: After the installation completes, go back to recovery's main menu.
1. Select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
2. For first boot up, it normally takes a longer time. Please wait patiently.
[Source: Team Android]
© 2013 Mobile & Apps All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.