By Vamien McKalin | May 08, 2013 09:04 AM EDT
All the big name apps are rolling over to the Windows Phone platform one by one. The newest big app to find its way to Windows Phone is Hulu Plus, an app that allows users to watch popular TV shows right from their mobile for only $7.99 per month. Sadly, that $7.99 does not save the viewer from advertisements, although ads will be limited compared to if you were watching episodes on Hulu for free via your desktop.
If you live outside the U.S., where you can't get Hulu Plus content via desktop, but if you are determined enough, you can get it to work via your desktop web browser. Without saying exactly how, do a Bing search; you never know what you could find.
Hulu Plus description:
"Hulu Plus offers unlimited instant streaming of current hit TV shows and acclaimed movies.
Requires subscription. New to Hulu Plus? Try it FREE.
• Watch current season episodes of Community, Family Guy, Glee, Modern Family, The Vampire Diaries, and many more popular shows
• Stay connected with the latest videos through our daily feed of Trending Now clips
• Enjoy ad-free kids shows, including SpongeBob SquarePants, iCarly, Caillou and many more
• Catch up on classic series including Lost, Battlestar Galactica and Arrested Development, or explore thousands of critically acclaimed movies
• Receive Live Tile updates on the hottest shows
• Resume watching from where you left off on your supported devices
• Add your favorite videos to your queue for instant access
• Search for content across episodes, clips and movies
• Watch over WiFi, 3G, and 4G
• Available for $7.99/month with limited advertising"
The app will not work for Windows Phone 7.5 devices, and there's no word if there will ever be a version for older handsets. If you want to download Hulu Plus, click here, but get ready to drop that $7.99 per month.
© 2013 Mobile & Apps All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.