Verizon HTC One Android 4.3 update rolling out now OTA – Complete Changelog
The Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for the Verizon HTC One is now officially rolling out over the air (OTA) at last.
The HTC One is considered one of the top smartphones of 2013, as it comes with a stylish aluminum unibody design and high-end specs and features. An update to a newer version of Android has been in the cards for quite some time. As usual, however, Verizon's rigorous testing process means that the promised update took longer to arrive.
Just a few days ago, HTC Executive Director of Product Management announced via Twitter that Verizon had finally approved the Android 4.3 update for the HTC One. The tweet further noted that the rollout should start early this week.
If you've been waiting to get the latest flavor of Jelly Bean on your Verizon HTC One, the wait is now over. The update has started rolling out OTA and you should receive a notification shortly, if you haven't already.
The new Verizon HTC One update comes with Verizon Cloud App pre-loaded, allowing users to backup their data online, including contacts, text messages, call logs, and photos. Moreover, users will also be able to transfer their backup data to any new phone.
The update brings several improvements and bug fixes to the smartphone, as well as some neat new features. Here's the complete changelog (PDF), as posted by Verizon:
Key Issues Resolved:
- Increased charging speed when using Mophie Juicepack power station
- Corrected faint ringing noise from earpiece
- Play purchased ringtones
- Connection error fixed in the HTC Watch application
- View the correct date using the all day calendar reminder
- Conjunction words are better recognized on device keyboard
- Backup Assistant performance
Key OS Enhancements
- VZ Cloud App is now preloaded
- Back up contacts, photos, text messages and call logs
- Transfer that contact to your new phone or if other is lost/stolen
As previously mentioned, the latest Verizon HTC One update is now rolling out OTA. As always with OTA updates, it is rolling out gradually and may take a few days to reach all devices. If you have yet to receive the notification, you can manually check for the update from the Settings app. If you have already received the update, let us know how it fares in the comment section below.