By Vamien McKalin email: email@example.com | Jan 15, 2013 11:30 AM EST
Both the Xbox 720 and PS4 are turning out to be powerhouse machines if recent rumors are true. From the leaked information, it is clear that both consoles will do things differently, and the differences could decide which console comes out on top.
The folks at NeoGAF got their hands on information regarding next-generation consoles from Microsoft and Sony. From the information below, it would seem Sony is pushing for GPU performance, while Microsoft is more interested in the performance of a possible Windows 8-based OS.
- AMD x86 3.2GHz APU Solution (Jaguar/Steamroller), 4 cores (2 core pairs. Higher Clock than X720/Durango])
- Possibly AMD 8000 series GPU solution (Customized Solution Possibly utilising GPU + APU combo)
- 2GB/4GB GDDR5
- Launch slated for Fall 2013/Early 2014
Xbox 720 "Durango"
- AMD x86 Jaguar 1.6GHZ 8-Core (Targeting one core being dedicated for OS tasks)
- AMD 8000 series GPU
- ESRAM on the GPU (unknown amount)
- 8GB Ram DDR3, (1.5GB of RAM likely reserved for the operating system)
- Launch date slated for 2013
The leaked information courtesy NeoGaf is in line with previous details about both consoles. However, time will tell if these rumors are true when E3 2013 kicks off.
© 2013 Mobile & Apps All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.