By Binu Paul email: email@example.com | Mar 09, 2013 06:16 AM EST
It's an easy task to route VXAMB1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE R950 now. The previous rooting package came with ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery but the latest method does not include CWM, but offers a successful rooting. The package will flash a small .tar file using ODIN during the process.
- Back up all your data including SMS & Call Log, Contacts & Settings, and WhatsApp Messenger. Copy images, songs, videos and files on to an internal/external SD card. Note down the APN and MMS Settings from the path Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.
- Make sure that your device has at least 85 percent battery charge.
- Backup your EFS Folder to save IMEI number and other important data.
- Verify that correct USB drivers are installed for Galaxy Note 2 LTE in your PC. You can download USB drivers here.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- This tutorial use ODIN utility which works only in Windows OS. If you use Linux OS (such as Ubuntu) or Mac OS then use CrossOver Utility to run ODIN in your OS.
Things To Be Aware Of:
- You may lose your personal data and settings during the rooting process. So, make sure you keep a proper backup of all your important data.
- The device's warranty will get void once you root the device. However, you can reclaim the warranty by applying official firmware update.
- You only receive root as you follow the below-given methods. You have to install custom recovery such as ClockworkMod Recovery separately to flash custom ROM or hacks in your Galaxy Note 2 LTE R950.
- This tutorial is exclusively meant for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE, model number R950. Do not try this method on any other Android device. You can check the model number by going to Settings » About phone. Mobile&Apps will not be held responsible for any damage to the device due to the instruction given in this page. Proceed at your own risk.
- CF-Auto-Root file for R950VXAMB1 Firmware [Filename: CF-Auto-Root-t0lteusc-t0lteusc-schr950.zip]
Step 1: Extract downloaded CF-Auto-Root zip file and you will find a .tar.md5 file within it.
Step 2: Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
Step 3: Switch off your device and wait until the vibration by which you can confirm complete switch off.
Step 4: Place your Galaxy Note 2 LTE R950 phone to Download Mode. You can do that by pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button. When you get a warning screen, press Volume Up button once again to enter Download Mode.
Step 5: Launch Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator because Admin privileges are required to complete the process smoothly.
Step 6: Here, connect your device to PC using USB cable. You will see a message saying 'Added' under Odin's message box in the bottom left. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
Step 7: Select these files in Odin at respective buttons:
- Click the PDA Button, and select CF-Auto-Root-t0lteusc-t0lteusc-schr950.tar.md5.
Step 8: Make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected in the Odin window.
Step 9: You are advised to double check if all the above-mentioned steps are correctly followed. Once you are sure about everything, click START button to begin the flashing process.
Step 10: The phone will reboot upon completion of flashing and you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. At this point, you can unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from PC.
Click here to verify if your device is successfully rooted. You can now install apps that require root access.
© 2013 Mobile & Apps All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.