Latest Skyrim Update Brings Mounted Combat Along with a Ton of Bug Fixes
Have you ever been riding your horse in the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim video game peacefully without a care in the world, then suddenly out of nowhere comes a bandit or a wolf trying to kill you? To deal with the this obvious threat to dear life and horse, you are forced to dismount and put an end to whatever that brought violence to your peaceful ride in the woods, then mount your horse again to be on your merry way. Isn't that annoying? Yes it is, however, we are glad to announce that this will no longer have to be a problem.
The latest upcoming Skyrim updated will bring to the table, mounted combat. This means gamers are no longer required to dismount their horse to deal with simple threats such as a few wolves or just to kill a rabbit. With the new mounted combat feature, gamers will be able to use melee and ranged attacks on foes, or dinner, which is one of the top features requested by fans of the game.
If you have optioned for the latest Steam beta update, you can test the new feature today, if not, well, Bethesda failed to announce the availability of the full update for both consoles and PC.
1.6 Update (all platforms unless specified)
- Mounted Combat -Skyrim now allows you to do melee and ranged combat while riding a horse
- General stability and memory optimizations
- General AI pathfinding optimizations and bug fixes
- Optimizations and crash fixes for data leaks
- Fixed rare crash with lighting
- Fixed crashes related to loading and saving games
- Fixed crash with summoned creatures/NPCs
- Fixed rare issue where saves would be corrupted
- Improved logic for when ranged kill cams are played
- Fixed issue with ranged kill cams while killing a dragon
- Fixed rare issue with certain ranged kill cams not playing properly
- Fixed issue with nirnroot lighting not properly cleaning up
- Fixed issue where bow damage was being calculated incorrectly
- Fixed rare problem with werewolf kill moves would not finish animating properly
- In "The Break of Dawn" fixed rare issue where Meridia's Beacon would disappear from player's inventory
- Fixed occasional issue where followers would disappear after player pays off a bounty after committing a crime
- Fixed issue where certain creatures and NPCs would fail to respawn properly
- Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles not displaying properly
- Fixed issue with water appearing blurry when loading a saved game after creating a save underwater
- Fixed issue where map cursor would occasionally disappear after closing a message box with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
- Fixed rare issue with shouts only performing the first level and not other unlocked levels with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
- Fixed issue where the shout buttons would stop working properly if users mashed LB and RB during cooldown with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
DOWNLOADING THE BETA UPDATE ON STEAM
If you'd like to download the 1.6 Beta Update on Steam, you'll need to follow these steps:
1. Log into Steam
2. Click on Steam in the upper menu
3. Select Settings
4. Under the Account tab, go to the Beta Participation section and select Change.
5. A drop down menu will appear. Select Skyrim Beta.
6. Select OK.
7. Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.
One guy already gave the beta a spin and posted a video on YouTube, check it below.