By Anu Passary email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Feb 10, 2013 11:12 AM EST
Recently, the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean VRBMA2 firmware for Verizon Galaxy S3 leaked, courtesy an XDA Developers member.
The enhancements the leaked software update brings, include the Multi-Window View feature, Page Buddy, a customizable Notification Panel, Paper Artist app, Smart Rotation, and more.
While Verizon is yet to announce the official Android 4.1.2 update for the Galaxy S3, those who cannot wait have the option to flash the ROM.
We give you a step-by-step guide on how to flash the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean VRBMA2 ROM.
Important to Remember
- This tutorial is meant only for the Verizon Galaxy S3 I535 model. You can check the model number from Settings > About phone.
- Ensure that the USB drivers for the Galaxy S3 are installed properly. If not, download the latest official drivers from here.
- Back up important data. It's recommended that you use custom recovery tools such as CWM or TWRP, as they create a complete image of your existing phone set up.
- Ensure that the USB debugging mode is enabled on your device. To enable go to Settings > Developer Options or Settings > Applications > Development.
- Ensure that your device has at least 80-85 percent battery charge.
- MobilenApps is not responsible for any damage or issues that you may encounter with your device.
How to Install
To install the VRBMA2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM on your Verizon Galaxy S3, follow the step-by-step guide carefully.
Step1: Download the VRBMA2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware for Verizon Galaxy S3 I535 and extract it.
Step 2: Download ODIN v3.07.
Step 3: Next, switch off your smartphone and go to the Download Mode. To navigate to this mode press the Volume Down and Home Button together for a few seconds. Press the Power button till you see the Android logo on the screen.
Step 4: Next, open ODIN on your PC. Connect your Verizon Galaxy S3 I535 smartphone to your PC.
Step 5: Once the phone is connected to the PC, the ID:COM box on ODIN will turn yellow. It will display the COM port number.
Step 6: Next, select the downloaded file and install it as follows:
- Click on PDA > select the file that has HOME or CODE in its name.
- Click on Phone> select the file that has MODEM in its name. If no such file is available continue.
- Click on CSC> select the file that has CSC in its name. If no such file is available continue.
- Click on PIT> select the file that has .pit in its name. If no such file is available continue.
Step 7: Click the Start button in the Odin window to begin the installation process. This will take 5 to 6 minutes to complete.
Step 8: Once the installation is complete you will see the "PASS" message and the phone will reboot automatically.
The rebooting may take a little longer than usual, but don't worry. You now have the Android 4.1.2 VRBMA2 firmware installed your Verizon Galaxy S3.
© 2014 Mobile & Apps All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.