By Sumit Passary email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Feb 08, 2013 02:03 PM EST
The much-awaited evasi0n jailbreak for devices capable of running iOS 6 through iOS 6.1 has finally been released by evad3rs.
iFans can download the free evasi0n tool for Mac, Linux, or Windows from the official Web site and get jailbreaking. The process takes just five minutes and once complete, you will have full access to Cydia.
As you set about jailbreaking your iOS 6 device with evasi0n, we take you through a step-by-step guide to help you out.
Important to Remember
- Remember to read through the instructions before beginning.
- Remember to back up all your data.
- Ensure your iDevice's battery power is atleast 50 percent, if not fully charged, to avoid disruption due to power loss.
- Remember to disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n as it may cause issues.
- Avoid iOS and iTunes-related tasks until evasi0n is complete.
- In case the process gets stuck, restart the program, reboot your iDevice and re-launch the process.
- A PC, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.5 minimum), or Linux (x86/x86_64).
- iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 6.0 through 6.1.
- A USB cable to connect the iDevice to the PC.
Here's the step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak your iOS 6 device. Happy jailbreaking!
Step 1: Download the evasi0n tool from here.
Step 2: Once the evasi0n tool has been downloaded, drag it to your desktop. Next, open it and plug in the iDevice (iPhone, iPad/iPad mini, or iPod touch) you want to jailbreak.
Step 3: Once plugged in, evasi0n will recognize your iDevice. Next, click the "Jailbreak" option and let evasi0n do its thing.
Step 4: The tool will begin to install and ask you to unlock your device and tap the new "Jailbreak" icon, which has been added to your Home screen. Remember to tap the icon only once. The screen will go black momentarily and then return to Home screen.
Step 5: Once the evasi0n jailbreak has finished installing, your device will reboot.
Step 6: Once your phone has rebooted, you will notice the Cydia app icon on your Home screen next to other app icons.
The untethered evasi0n jailbreak has been installed successfully on your iDevice and you can now tinker away.